Monday, February 4, 2008

Aperture & Composition

Composition is the theme for this week's photography course. It's something that I never consciously thought much about. I've been trying to understand and play with the Rule of Thirds to create more visually-appealing photos. SO, what better excuse to take the kiddo outside with a brand new, bright red slicker to play?  

I also tried to stay on this week's theme of Aperture. The last 3 photos showcase this the best- using a large opening I was pretty happy with the results.

For the most part, all of these are SOOC. I don't have Photoshop yet, so I just do a little tweaking in iPhoto. PLEASE give me any advise or tips that can help me make my photos better!  
Thanks for visiting and for all of your feedback! =)


Top 2 photos: Shot in Aperture Priority mode. SS 1/60, f/5.0, ISO 200.

 
Manual mode. SS 1/80, f/4.8, ISO 200. WB Cloudy
Manual. SS 1/80, f.4.8, ISO 200. WB Cloudy
Manual. SS 1/80, f/5.0, ISO 200, flash.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That bright red color is awesome for these, it stands out so nicely. She's adorable and I love the second photo, it's precious!