Monday, February 25, 2008

Sunset

We had a beautiful sunset last night. I tried to capture the beautiful colors and these are about as close as I could get. It's amazing what a difference under-exposing does! When I followed my camera's meter I got really dull, bright pics. The ISO is the only thing that I really wasn't sure about... I had it set to 1600.  Does anyone know if there is a "rule" or standard for this type of shot?
Manual. ss 1/80, f/7.1, ISO 1600



This last one was taken at 800 ISO, 1/50, f/5.1. It was one of the 1st I took, so the colors are a little more pink.







12 comments:

cherie said...

such beautiful colors !!!

mamawest777 said...

Love the last one! That color is fantastic!

Becky said...

Beautiful sunset! Sorry I can't help with settings. I just don't get silhouettes and sunsets etc.

Anonymous said...

I just love your photos Shawna. This is one PERFECT sunset...and I love the detail in the trees. How stunning!

Margaret said...

Holy cow! What an amazing sunset! I love the colors. Those pinks are fabulous!

Amy said...

These are gorgeous! Your colors are so pretty, I love the silhouette on the last one.

Val said...

Wow. These are beautiful!

Unknown said...

OMG< that is a beautiful sunset... aw, how it makes me long for spring right now! tfs. Toni

Mom2Drew said...

Sooooo pretty!

C said...

Love the colorburn in the sky in the last shot!

Kristina said...

Pretty colors!

Kara May said...

So beautiful - love the contrast of the sky against the trees! Nice composition too.