Thursday, January 24, 2008

LOVE

I've seen photos like this before and have always wanted to try it. With this week's theme being WORDS, I figured it was a good time to try! I just walked around my house and looked at everyday objects that could also double as a letter (ok, so I cheated with the O, it is actually an O taken from a word plaque).  The L is a little funky, I wish I could have shot it from straight on, but I was getting a nasty reflection in the picture.

I then made it into a Storyboard for the first time in Photoshop (PSE6- free trial for one month, I'm trying it out to see if I need it... I think I do!). What do you think? Let me know how I could improve it. I wanted to do a dark background, thicker borders, etc., but like I said, I'm an amateur!

25 comments:

Mandy said...

I TOTALLY LOVE THIS. So many elements...so beautiful.

Margaret said...

This is a great idea! I LOVE it!

Chell said...

Completely fun idea. I love it...

Unknown said...

Wow!! Very creative... I love it!

Kristi said...

I tried this for my POTD banner and FAILED!!! Couldn't find enough objects. I think you did a FABULOUS job!!!

pakosta said...

well that is soooooo coOL!
i love this idea!
tara

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!!! Wonderful job!
cari

jordan.krogman said...

Great job with this. . . I've always wanted to try, too. :)

Liz said...

This is the best 'word' photo I have seen so far. Really wonderful photos, thanks for sharing.

Mom2Drew said...

The 'L' and the 'e' are my favorites. That is so creative how you made those objects letters.

Tera Fraley said...

Very cool!! I love this, great eye for the letters!

robin said...

You did a great job with this! Good idea for the theme.

pat said...

Ok, this is so clever!! Love love this. Great idea!

Yvette A said...

Very creative, good job.

Tori said...

very cool and very creative!

Teri said...

wow this is very creative.

Amy said...

This is so cool, good job!

Becky said...

I've always liked photos like this too. I think you did a great job. I love how there are a lot of different textures.

Reds said...

Wow!!! That is so great! Have got to try that!!

Farrah Jobling said...

I LOVE this!

Angela2932 said...

Amateur or not, this was wonderful and very inspiring! I'll have to give it a try one of these days.

Val said...

GREAT job! I love this. i want to try it

Yvonne said...

What a great idea! I'm going to borrow that! This looks so awesome, to make cards from! Great shots!

Suzy said...

Now that is creative! Awesome!

emilyc said...

Great idea and an awesome job finding "letters" in your everyday objects. I also really like the storyboard! I hope you already have some version of PS because I am still struggling with the whole storyboard thing.