Friday, July 18, 2008

I <3 NY

The hubby and I (and my camera!) went to NYC a few weeks back. We had a fabulous time!
The first 2 shots are taxis in Times Square. I had to take the time to practice my panning. I shot about 20 exposures but got a few keepers! I think these two are pretty neat (click to enlarge to see better details)! The last 2 shots are of the Brooklyn Bridge. It was a very hazy and hot day and the sky was an ugly, dreary gray color which didn't do much to help these photos so I decided to just go with it and convert them to creamy black and whites.
CC is appreciated! :)




Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are so cool. My hubby sitting next to me thought the first ones were awesome!!! I love the second to last shot. The post processing is awesome!
Cari

♥ Amy said...

Gorgeous photos. Way to work city shots! I love the first one in each set best.

Kristina said...

Shawna,

Your panning looks great! I'm inspired. I want to try now too! I've always wanted to go to NY. Will you share more pics, please ?! :)

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Those look great!! I am super jealous, I have always wanted to go to NY! Awesome job at panning.

pat said...

Oh, nice panning shots! Those are so tricky, and using a cab was genius--the color just pops. I really like the conversion on the bridge--works really well.

April said...

great pictures..i love the motion in the first 2..that's something really hard for me to capture.